Violin microphones help to amplify your sound when you are performing on stage.
In this guide, we’ve got you covered with the best microphones for your violin. We’ve also detailed the ins and outs of each of our selection of microphones. Read on to learn more.
This microphone is among the best in the market because it has a detachable cable making it easy to carry around. Besides, the clip-on microphone is steady and has securely clips onto your instrument, giving you maximum comfort during performance.
The size of the HEIMU clip-on microphone also gives it portability. The manufacturers also made sure the mic had a one-hand mounting so that you can easily mount it during a live or studio performance. What’s more, is that the microphone has a gooseneck extender to enable you to adjust to your preferred height.
- Product weight 2.24 ounces
- Dimensions of 39.4 x 0.9 x 8.5 inches
- Requires a 4.8 voltage phantom power supply
- Doesn’t alter the sound of the violin
- Flexibility for placement
- Requires you use phantom power to produce a signal
Want a microphone that you can permanently attach to your violin? Then, this feather-light microphone by Myers is your best bet. The mic is light in weight for portability while at the same time being sturdy for durability.
The violin has an internally powered preamp to produce the best natural sounds from your instrument. What’s more, is that the microphone has a pre-installed power source with all the required installation hardware. It’s also worth noting that you don’t need any phantom power to use your pickup.
The pickup is among the best in the market because it has a battery that can last you for hours. Therefore, you need not worry about your sound quality deteriorating during a live performance. Besides, the battery doesn’t go off without a signal; you’ll know when to change once you realize a change in the tone of the sound produced.
- Has ¼ inch input jack with a preamp switch
- A built-in omnidirectional pickup mic
- Comes with a soft rubber compact knob
- Includes mounting hardware
- Also comes with a power source
- The violin pickup produces a natural sound
- The gooseneck is durable
- Has a variety of mounting options
- Flexible gooseneck
- Manufacturers offer fast and outstanding customer service
- The mounting wires could confuse a first time user
The microphone remains a favorite for most violin players because it has a 1.8-meter cable permanently attached to the microphone. This implies that you don’t have to worry about wires detaching from the mic during usage.
The Audio-Technica PRO 35 mic has a universal mount clip that secures your instrument from shock and also enhances correct positioning. The Cardioid polar pattern on the microphone enables sound amplification while eliminating background noises. Therefore, you’re assured of the most natural-sounding tones when using this microphone.
The low-end roll-off switch on the microphone helps users avoid disseminating any unwanted sounds, clicks, or even movements to the audience. Most importantly, the mic gives artists value for their money.
- Measures 9.8 x 5.1 x 2.9 inches
- Has a UniMount clip
- The microphone has a cardioid polar pattern
- Includes a permanent 1.8-meter cable
- Weighs 10.4 ounces
- Terrific natural sound
- Sturdy and durable
- Has a standard adapter with a low roll-off that’s switchable
- The permanently secured cable isn’t flexible for some users
If you dislike the stress that comes with installing a microphone on your instrument, then the Fishman V-200 series is your best solution because it’s easy to use and install. This violin pickup is lightweight to enhance portability as well as prevent muting.
The pickup can work correctly with or without a preamp in enhancing the sounds of your violin. This implies that you can maintain the same natural sound because the pickup can amplify your tones.
- Has a ¼ inch output jack
- Mic has a chinrest style hardware
- Weighs 5.6 ounces
- Product measures 0.5 x 2 x 3 inches
- Easy to install and use
- Doesn’t necessarily require a preamp
- Produces quality sound
- Connection cables require extra care because they damage easily
The best thing about this mic is that you can use it on almost any instrument apart from a violin. The mic has an adjustable volume control knob to enable you to adjust the volume to your liking. As such, your tones don’t have to be too loud to hear or too low.
The microphone is easy to install and use because you just need to secure it on the soundhole using an adhesive. The adhesive is cost effective because it’s reusable saving your hard earned cash.
Most importantly, the microphone produces awesome sounds while eliminating all unnecessary background noises. The portability of this microphone even makes it the best microphone for your violin because it’s small in size.
- Has a 10 feet amplifier cable
- Comes with 4 times adhesive stickers
- Includes a volume knob
- Item weighs 1.6 ounces
- Product dimensions are 5.9 x 1.2 x 3.3 inches
- Produces clean quality sound
- Comes with several adhesives that don’t leave residue on your violin
- Possible to adjust volume with this transducer
- Easy to use
- Thin and lightweight output wire which may rattle on your violin if not correctly positioned
This microphone is very light, which enhances portability, especially for artists that travel a lot. Of course, you don’t want a mic that gives you headaches to carry around. You need a product that perfectly fits in your gig bag.
The microphone comes with a flexible shock-resistant bracket that’s possible to use on many other instruments other than a violin. Therefore, if you have a guitar lying around in the house, you can give it some use using this microphone.
The bracket used to manufacture the Galaxy Audio GT-INST-6 mic helps to secure your microphone. The bracket also protects the microphone from vibrations of the instrument and protects the microphone from damage.
Galaxy Audio GT-INST-6 mic has a wireless transmitter that connects to a wireless receiver. What’s more, is that the receiver has a 3.5 mm plug with a jack that fits into your smartphone or any powerful speaker. Therefore, you can comfortably connect your mic to any speaker for better audibility.
The microphone is powered by two lithium batteries placed on both the receiver and the transmitter. Besides, the batteries charge super-fast so that you don’t have to delay a performance due to low battery power. The microphone package also includes a micro USB cable to charge your batteries.
The microphone has two adapter cables for android smart devices and the Apple iOS. The variety of cables gives you more options on how to use your microphone as well as charge the batteries.
- The product weighs 9 ounces
- The microphone measures 9 x 7 x 4 inches
- Includes two lithium batteries
- Includes a soft rubber bracket
- Durable batteries
- Produces quality sound
- Lightweight thus portable
- Flexible bracket for better positioning
- The microphone has to be placed near the performer during a video, and audio recording otherwise won’t articulate clearly
The Shure PGA98H microphone has the best quality in the market that makes it hardy and durable even in the harshest of conditions. Besides, the mic has an adjustable gooseneck for flexibility during positioning. Therefore, you can place the mic wherever you feel most comfortable during a performance.
As you play your violin, especially to an audience, there’s nothing as irritating as a mic that picks all the squeaks and clicks of your movement or off-key notes. Well, the Shure PGA98H eliminates all background noises while amplifying clear sounds from your device thanks to the Cardioid polar pattern.
Ever watched a performance where the microphone remained the center of attraction? Well, you need not worry about obstruction with this product because it has a black metallic finish for unobtrusive visual appearance.
The manufacture of Shure PGA98H gives you the leeway to choose from a mic with a preamp or one without one. Depending on your needs, you can choose one that works best. More so, the mic has an adjustable gooseneck to help you position to your desired height.
- Mic has an integrated horn clamp
- Has a cardioid polar pattern
- Package includes a zipper pouch
- Has an option of XLR or TA4F connector for use with wireless connections
- The product weighs 12 ounces
- The dimensions of the mic are 3.5 x 10 x 5 inches
- Gives clear and authentic sound
- Provides flexibility of movement while on the stage
- Neutral on the color and design
- The XLR barrel is bulky albeit saving the socket
TraderPlus microphone pickup makes it to the list of our best microphones because it has two piezo contacts to better balance the sound even on bigger musical tools. Most importantly, the microphone doesn’t pick up sounds from nearby objects. The ability to filter noises ensures clear quality sounds in any performance.
The mic is easy to use and install using double-sided adhesive tapes. Therefore, the device is ideal for both experienced artists and beginners as well. Furthermore, the mic doesn’t only work on violins; it also works perfectly with guitars, pianos, or even saxophones giving users the flexibility of usage.
- Has a ¼ inch jack with 10.6-inch cable
- Includes 1 piezo contact microphone pickup
- The package comes with a double-sided tape and self-adhesive Velcro
- Product dimensions 3.9 x 3.7 x 0.9 inches
- Product weight is 1.92 ounces
- Picks up a variety of frequencies
- Clear sounds
- Strong adhesive
- Good quality for the price
– may pick background noise if the loop is exposed
This microphone pickup eliminates all background noises because it only picks sounds directly from the source. The device also comes with an adhesive tape and a self-adhesive Velcro to give you variety while mounting.
Imelod Contact Microphone is small in size such that it can fit in your pocket. The ease of portability ensures that you can slip the mic in any of your recording devices from an amp to a bass amplifier.
- The package measures 0.72in x 3.94in x 4.72in
- Package includes a 2 times sticker
- Item weighs 0.64 ounces
- Includes a jack female socket and a jack male plug measuring 6.35 mm
- Awesome sound amplification
- Clear sounds free from background noises
- Easy to install and use
- The adhesive may leave residue on your tool
The AKG Pro microphone is among the best in the market because it has a sealed condenser transducer that helps produce a clear quality sound. The mic also has a figure 8 polar pattern that that captures any audio signal from your violin.
The microphone has a vibration pick up, which doesn’t alter the balance and weight of your violin. The AKG pro mic is also lightweight to ease your movement such that you can quickly shove it into your gig bag alongside other items.
Most importantly, the AKG Pro microphone is ideal due to its flexibility. You can quickly move around the stage or your studio. We all know that an artist cannot stand still during a recording or performance.
- The product includes a MPAV standard XLR connector
- Mic has a figure 8 polar pattern
- The product weighs 9.6 ounces
- Item measures 1 x 0.6 x 0.4 inches
- Gives clear sound
- Easy to install and use
- You need phantom power
In summary, violins produce rich natural sounds when played using the right microphone. However, it’s challenging to identify the best mic for all users because everyone has their preference. Therefore, this guide gives you detailed information about the microphones and pickups listed. You only need to identify one that works best for you.