Probably you are looking for a microphone that allows you to move freely while recording or delivering your content to an audience. You need a microphone without physical cables to transfer audio signals is called a wireless microphone. They are designed to allow performers, speakers, musicians, and content creators to move freely without the hassle for long wires to connect to sound recording or amplifying equipment. With the best wireless microphone, you will be good to bounce.
Wireless microphones have an internal battery powered radio transmitter in the microphone which delivers the sound signal from the microphone in form of radio waves to the receiver equipment. The receiver retrieves the audio. A cable connects the sound device to the receiver unit.
Our Top Pick: The Best Wireless Microphone- Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
Are you looking for a wireless microphone that will fulfill most of your communication desires? You have probably tried several wireless microphones, but still, none suits your needs. Perhaps it is time to try out this wonderful wireless microphone; we recommend the Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102. This microphone operates in the 2. 4 GHz range (completely free from TV interference), digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless features for top notch sound quality, has a1/4″ output and a balanced XLR output. It has the ATW- R1100 and ATW -11002 handheld dynamic unidirectional transmitter/microphone capsule. We found this microphone to deliver high quality sound in various environments.
Best Wireless Microphones This Year
Whether you are planning to acquire a completely wireless system that is ready for use out of the box or buying pieces to expand or upgrade an already existing system, it’s essential to be familiar with the features you are likely to encounter. The following are the best wireless Microphones.
- Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102 – Good For Stage Performance
Audio- Technica System 10 ATW -1102 is a digital wireless handheld microphone that can be used for live singing, stage performance and much more. This microphone has superb sound and susceptible to almost no signal interference. After numerous tests, it qualified as our best microphone.
It features two systems the ATW-1101 UniPak body-pack system and ATW-1102 handheld vocal system, supplied without a microphone. Each configuration consists of a single 10mW portable transmitter and ATW-R1100 2.4 GHz fixed diversity receiver unit.
A maximum of four different systems can be operated in one location with no frequency direction or group selection challenges. Although it is important to note that individual components can be bought separately, it is not possible to use multiple transmitters simultaneously using a single receiver.
Features and Specifications of Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102
- Comprises ATW- R1100 and ATW -11002 handheld dynamic unidirectional transmitter/microphone capsule.
- It is easy to set up and operate with instantaneous channel selection.
- Selection of frequency is automatic for seamless interference-free operation.
- 2. 4 GHz range- completely free from TV interference.
- It consists of a digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless features for decisive sound quality and efficiency.
- Level controls on receiver and transmitter.
- It consists a transmitter ID display and pairing switch on the transmitter for connection with the receiver unit and identification of channel in use.
- It features unbalanced 1/4″ output and a balanced XLR output on receiver that permit the connection to be well-adjusted on microphone level inputs or unbalanced aux level inputs on sounds systems and mixers.
Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102 is explicitly designed for stage use. It is structured with a mute switch and an input that enable control its level. The mute switch is essential for public speaking or live music setting. It is essential for fast muting sound so as the user can give distinct instructions to people on stage without the spectators hearing what they are saying.
Indeed Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102 is ideal for stage performance since it utilizes location diversity, selection between the receiver double antennas based on which picks the best signal reliability.
- Good sound clarity
- Easy to use mic
- Up to 7 hours operation of AA batteries
- Almost no interference
- Scans available frequency automatically at the touch of a button
- Mic is mainly made of a plastic but seems durable
- Slight RF issues
2) Shure BLX14R/MX53 Microphone –Earset Configuration Ideal for Church
Shure BLX14R/MX53 is an ideal subminiature microphone for speech and other uses that need low profile discreet placement. It is designed for presenters who have intentions to disappear on stage.
The Shure MX153 is a beige-coloured earset structured with a tiny mic element and slender shaft. It is designed explicitly for plays, musical theatre, church audio, business presentations and teleconferencing.
The BLX14R/MX53 system and has an extra BLX bodypack transmitter and the BLX4R rackmount wireless receiver. It functions with headset microphones lavalier and also works well for guitar with a suitable cable connector.
The belt pack consists an On/Off hard toggle switch. It is designed with the intentions of eliminating the multi-function push button that is used on some wireless transmitters. However, we found the multi-function single button to be unreliable and inconvenient. The BLX4R receiver is inclusive of all the hardware required to install this system into a road rack.
- Consists (1) BLX4R 1/2 Rack, (1) BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter, Single Channel Wireless Receiver, (1) Single and Dual Rack Mount Kit, (2) 1/4 Wave Antennas, (1) PS23US Power Supply (2) AA Batteries and a Zippered Transmitter Bag
- It has up to twelve compatible systems in each frequency band which are region-dependent.
- It is consist of a microprocessor-controlled internal.
- Designed with one-touch QuickScan frequency identification/selection that fast recognizes the best frequency.
- XLR and 1/4” sound output.
- Omni-directional polar pattern
- CommShield Technology guards against interference
- Cable designed to reduce handling noise while offering superior flexibility
- Structured with a rackmount receiver
To use Shure, BLXI4R/MX53 mostly does not require a license to operate. However, operating this microphone system with no permit is subject to various restrictions: the microphone may not cause destructive interference; it must function at a low power level which should not exceed 50 mill watts. It has no protection from interference received from any other device.
This microphone is quite fragile and thus requires utmost care when being used. Headset microphones are better than laveliers when it comes to conference speakers. Unfortunately, they usually tend to be weak or rather brittle due to their small sizes. Most speakers are usually not expert microphone users. They fiddle and press the mic as well as standing in front of speakers. This usually destroys the brittle Shure mics. We would highly recommend buying this for a seasoned mic user for personal use rather than a mic for all the conference speakers.
- Good Sound Quality
- Light bodypack
- Easy to use
- Good for lecturers, church, or singing
Fragile and thus not ideal for random speakers
3) Sennheiser Ew 100 – Portable Wireless Microphone System
Sennheiser EW 100 ENG G4 camera-mount wireless combo microphone, it is designed with a proven combination of flexible control, reliability, and broadcast-quality sound. This has made the EW Series an industry most preferred for journalists, content creators and videographers worldwide.
It is structured to feature a wide range of uses; the EW 100 ENG G4 offers the device to adapt and meet the wireless difficulties that are invertible. It is also inclusive of a bodypack transmitter consisting a ME 2-II omnidirectional lavalier mic, suitable for hands-free interviews.
It has a plug-on transmitter, which can be connected to a handheld dynamic microphone for the user choice of one to one conversations or to a shotgun mic for wireless efficiency, both types of mics are accessible separately.
Features and Specifications of Sennheiser Ew 100 Wireless Microphone System
- It features a rugged all-in-one wireless system highly flexible for broadcast quality sound and extended use in a location.
- Fast setup time and easy to use.
- It ranges: up to 100 meters/ 330 feet
- The microphone has an operation time of up to 8 hours.
- Outstanding sound and structure quality
- It has a receiver and transmitter feature a four-step battery-life indicator
- Designed with an adjustable input sensitivity both on transmitter’s features mic levels which range from booming voices too low profile speech, and even a line-level sound.
- To enjoy all the benefits of the microphones’ dynamic range, the device is designed with a proprietary HDX compander technology, preserving the user sound without addition undesirable noise in the transmission, and offering audio with remarkable quality and accuracy.
The EW 100 ENG G4 is backwards-compatible with prior evolution structure, offering the user the ability to match and mix G4/G3/G2/G1 bodypack receiver, handheld, and plug-on transmitters. It is also well-suited with EW 500 devices.
The camera-mount unit links to a camcorder or a DSLR/mirrorless camera to receive crisp-sounding dialogue or speech. Ideal for various events ranging from corporate videos and wedding to vlogs and documentaries.
- Clear and beautiful sound
- Can be used by several people on one stage
- Good range, up to 330 feet
- Slightly costly
4) Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 – Ideal for Guitarists and other Instrumentalists
If you are searching for a reliable and affordable wireless microphone, perhaps it is time to consider Shure’s PGXD24/SM58 handheld wireless device. A PGXD2/SM58 microphone transmitter is connected with a PGDX4 receiver to offer a phenomenal 24-bit/48kHz digital audio and outstanding reliability. The rugged, stage-ready PGXD2/SM58 transmitter delivers excellent shield against response while offering tried-and-true high sound quality. It features a dual antenna which allows the PGXD4 to have the stability of true diversity receiving, and one-touch scanning promptly identifies a precise frequency for a rock-solid link between receiver and transmitter. The PGXD24/SM58 handheld wireless features offer the user with the rock-solid microphone quality Shure is widely known for.
Features and Specifications of Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8
- Consists of an auto frequency choice, and higher reliability since it has an accurate digital diversity
- The PGXD2 transmitter structured with an automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator and offers the user with more than 8 hours of continuous use with 2 AA batteries. It provides the user and the microphone a suitable 200′ (60m) functioning range without losing audio quality during transmission.
- PGXD4 receiver delivers 24-bit/48kHz perfect sound, provides technology for exceptionally efficient sound, auto frequency choice, and higher reliability since it has an accurate digital diversity.
- The SM58 mic is widely known for its uncanny capabilities to endure challenges that would damage other microphones. The SM58 does not only assist define the sound of rock vocals on-stage performance, but it’s also been critical in building stages and later flawlessly accomplished with.
- The SM58 mic is known worldwide for its typical upper-midrange presence peak that makes an intelligible, lively sound. The bodypack feature has 26 dB of audio gain, which is adjustable.
- The microphone perfectly fits a user’s hand, which is balanced for total comfort during long performances. Frequency feedback is vocal-tailored, smooth 50Hz-15 kHz, and the price can be bargained in consideration with its life expectancy.
- The PGX-D Digital device operates in the 900 MHz band, different from cell phone and potential TV intrusion. The receiver provides true digital range, using two independent receiver and two antennas circuits to make the sure reliable transmission of up to line-of-sight range of up to 200.’
The operation of the system is simple. You only have to press the Scan button, and the receiver scans for a precise frequency. The user presses the Sync button, and the transmitter and receiver lock to a similar channel using the two different ports. That’s it, and the system is up and running.
If the RF environment is changed and interference is received, the user only needs to rescan and resync to function on a new precise frequency. The configuration features a handheld transmitter structured with an interchangeable SM58 dynamic microphone capsule structured with a cardioid pickup design. The transmitter operates for up to 9 hours using two AA batteries. A maximum of 5 wireless mics can function simultaneously in the same space.
- Selects and connects to a frequency automatically
- Its digital diversity is true in nature
- Padded and durable case
- Limited to 5 simultaneous systems per band
5) Phenyx Pro PTU-5000A-Inexpensive and Ideal for Karaoke
Phenyx Pro PTU-5000A unbeatable value for money offering four separate channels, each with a dedicated microphone inclusive in the device price. It is a testament to the evolvement of the electronic audio industry. It has a feature of a sturdy metal structure which can be rack-mounted into a professional outfit.
The microphone operates within the 530-580 MHz range and can be used within a location of the radius of 260 feet maximum. It also features a very informative LCD spectacle which assists make it simple to keep track and use of the multiple channels. There are various optional extras within the Phenyx Pro range which act as an addition to the already versatile system.
Features and Specifications of Phenyx Pro PTU-5000A
- ·It is built to lastlong, sturdy all-metal features for high sensitivity unidirectional handheld microphone and Quad-channel UHF wireless microphone receiver, well suited for heavy usage. The high-quality dynamic holder is specifically designed to limit feedback and sound distortion, receiving audio smoothly and transmitting sound hassle-free. Transmit a robust, clear optimal authentic audio.
- Efficient wireless functionality: 4-channel wireless microphone set has a static frequency structure in 541.9MHz, 561.6MHz, and 568.65MHz, offering ultra-signal constancy, eradicating unwanted alterations. The professional receiver consists of an LCD which shows frequency number, as well as an individual volume control which facilitates precise vocal balancing. Up to 260ft long-ranging unswerving performance in extensive open area line of sight
- It has adaptable use features; the rack-mountable metal receiver consists of four XLR outputs and one 1/4” audio output jack It can get quick auto pair up with transmitters for plug-and-go easy setup. Separate bodypack transmitters are available for a more flexible wireless microphone system. It is an ideal microphone for all outdoor performances such as a wedding, party, small gigs, speech, conference, karaoke
- The microphone comes with two antennas, 4-Channel UHF wireless receiver, power adapter, 4 UHF wireless handheld microphones, 1/4” Audio cable, eight AA batteries for long-hour operation user manual. Although the batch may not include a battery for air control
- A genuine Phenyx Pro audio products must have a 12-month manufacturer assurance and supportive customer services. Customers can return the systems for troubleshooting or replacement of defective features.
- Good sound quality
- Directional enough and thus minimal noise pickup
- Durable metal build
- 4 Channel system, 4 microphones
- Relatively Cheap
- Slightly heavy
- Sometimes interferences maybe experienced especially when not setup correctly
Our Take: After hours of research and testing, the above are some of the top mics. The Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1102 stood out as the best wireless microphone under various operating conditions and environments. The others are good mics too as they beat tens of them to emerge on top of our unbiased listing. Now grab your microphone and steal the show.