Unlike old-fashioned wireless microphones, headsets offer musicians the luxury to move about the stage hands-free. The headsets are ideal because other than having a mic, some also include an earpiece or two. Most importantly, headsets give freedom to musicians who also play instruments simultaneously.
Choosing the best headset microphone for singing often becomes a daunting task for most singers due to the variety in the market. In this guide, we’ve compiled some of the best headset microphones in the market. We’ve also included the advantages and disadvantages of each headset to help you choose one that suits your needs.
Are you a music instructor or live performer? Then, this wireless headset is the best thing you can buy to aid in your activity. The mic is easy to use because you only need to plug the receiver into the stereo and ensure the microphone is switched on before using it.
The batteries of the headset are durable and can last you 8-12 hours. You, therefore, need not worry about your batteries going off during a live performance. Besides, the mic is comfortable to wear and very light to ensure a comfortable music show.
The headset has a wide range to ensure you don’t struggle to shout. Thus, with this product, you cannot suffer a hoarse voice. What’s more is that, with this item, you can rest assured of great and clear sound for your audiences.
- Has a 400 mAh lithium-ion inbuilt battery
- Includes one hand-held mic
- Has one ear hook
- Mic has a range of 40-50 meters
- The device uses a 2.4 G transmission technology
- Gives clear sound
- Awesome range
- Comfortable to wear
- Durable batteries that are rechargeable
- May produce a hissing sound that can disrupt a performance
Are you looking for a mic that eliminates all background noises during a musical concert? Then this product from Shure fits the bill perfectly because it gives quality clear sounds thanks to the cardioid patterns. Besides, the Shure WH20 mic also has a frequency peak and a low-frequency roll-off that ensures clear sound even if the mic is used at proximity to the mouth.
Shure WH20 microphone is a good choice for musicians because it’s lightweight such that if a performer wants to move around, they don’t tire. The mic is also flexible in that, a musician doesn’t have to remain glued to the mounted microphone because this one moves with your movements.
- The mic weighs 5.4 ounces
- The product dimensions are 7.7 x 6.4 x 3.2 inches
- Has a collapsible microphone boom
- Package includes a foam windscreen and a clip
- Has a cardioid pattern
- Includes a 3 pin male XLR
- Lightweight thus easily portable
- Gives clear sound
- The headset microphone is designed to withstand extreme temperatures and humidity
- Inadequate sound output compared to a hand-held microphone
The Audio-Technica PRO microphone is professionally designed to enhance the vocal codes of all musicians. The mic has a collapsible mic boom that dangles from either left or right giving users the much-needed flexibility while singing.
The Hypercardioid polar pattern on the headset ensures that all background noises get eliminate while using the device. Most importantly, the headset is comfortable for users because of the cushioned support pads and the low visibility headband.
- Product has a polar pattern
- Has a frequency response of between 200 – 18,000 Hz
- The product has an impedance of 600 ohms
- The weight of the microphone is 2.1 ounces
- The mic has an XLRM output connector
- The headset has an Open Circuit Sensitivity of -55 dB (1.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Gives users comfort and flexibility of usage
- Produces great sound free from noises in the surrounding
- Cushioned support pads ensures proper fit on the musician
- Some musicians complain of low sound volume for live performances
Are you a music teacher or a live performer? Then, this microphone headset is what you’ve been missing. The mic amplifies your voice without you having to shout or your audience struggling to listen. What’s more, is that the voice is audible to a range of 10,000 square feet.
Most importantly, the mic eliminates all unnecessary noises. Therefore, as you sing you don’t have to worry about the squealing sounds that can distract you and the audience. As a musician, the slight noises can frustrate.
- The headset has an 1800 mAh lithium battery that’s rechargeable
- Has an adjustable head-worn microphone
- Product made of strong ABS material
- The product has a small size measuring 4. 1 x 1. 4 x 3. 4 inches
- Supports USB flash drive and TF card playing
- The package weighs 5.8 ounces
- Produces a 10 watt sound
- The headset is light in weight facilitating portability
- Clear and loud sound to cover an entire room
- Reliable since the microphone can support music for 10 hours non-stop
- You don’t have to shout during a music performance
- Flexible thus enabling a musician ability to move around as they sing
- Some people complain that the battery dies so fast
The SHIDU portable headset is a favorite to many musicians because it’s wireless. Therefore, as you perform, you don’t have to worry about wires coming on your way. Most importantly, this headset gives you the flexibility and audibility to reach out to many people
The device is easy to use because you only have to ensure that the headset and the speaker are turn on after which they pair perfectly. Therefore, whether you’re an expert or a beginner in using headsets, you don’t have to worry about the installation.
- 10 watt sound amplification
- Wide range of 5,000 square feet
- Batteries require a charging voltage of DC5V, 500mA
- Package includes a manual
- The set comes with one USB cable
- The headset comes with one waistband
- The package includes one wireless microphone and a voice amplifier
- The dimensions of the headset are 7.4 x 6.2 x 3.1 inches
- The package weighs 1 pounds
- Compact size facilitating portability
- Flexible since the mic doesn’t have wires
- Easy to use and install
- Has a wide range thus convenient for large audiences
- The battery doesn’t last long
The Shure GLXD14/SM35 is a 2.4GHz frequency band implying that you need not worry about any restriction or licensing requirement. The headset uses a condenser microphone specifically suited for singing because it articulates the vocal codes ensuring clear quality sound. Of course, this is unlike most headsets that make use of dynamic microphones.
The other reason why the headset is among the best in the market for singers is the presence of a cardioid polar pattern that ensures background noises aren’t projected. You, therefore, need not worry that slight sounds made by your feet or your breath reaches the listeners.
The Shure GLXD14/SM35 is reliable because it emits the clearest sounds without any dropout signals. The clarity is enhanced by the presence of six frequencies. Whenever a signal gets lost, the headset automatically switches to a backup signal without losing your sound.
The manufacturers of the Shure GLXD14/SM35 had the musicians in mind because they ensured that you don’t have to keep purchasing batteries. The headset comes with one rechargeable lithium battery. Besides, the battery can last you up to 16 hours of non-stop stage performance making it convenient for users. What’s more, is that the battery has a long life span of 10,000 hours.
The headset is easy to use and install whether you’re a beginner or an expert. The transmitter and the receiver use bidirectional communication such that they automatically switch to a reliable signal. To charge the batteries, you can either plug them into the transmitter or receiver charging port.
- The product weighs 4.9 pounds
- The dimensions of the headset are 4.2 x 18.5 x 13 inches
- The package includes 1 lithium-ion battery
- Has a frequency range 2.4GHz
- The mic has a frequency response of 40 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- The mic has a unidirectional polar pattern
- The microphone is an Electret Condenser
- Convenient and reliable
- The condenser microphone enhances better vocal articulation
- Durable batteries
- Easy to install and use
- Gives quality sounds
- Has a relatively low range of 100 feet compared to other headsets
The Sennheiser XSW 2-ME3 is a unique headset microphone that operates in the 548-572 MHz frequency band. The mic has a sweat-proof transmitter body such that you can sing all day and not worry that your gadget will soak in sweat. It’s understandable, singing involves a lot of energy and sweating is somewhat inevitable.
The sound quality of this headset is unbeatable thanks to the condenser microphone that properly articulates the vocals. Most musicians that have used this headset admit that if you want a rich and authoritative sound. The presence of the cardioid polar pattern further enhances the ability of the microphone to eliminate all unnecessary noises.
The system of the XSW 2-ME3-A uses automatic synchronization of frequencies thus making it easy to install and use. You can, therefore, set up the system easily even if you arrive a few minutes before your live performance.
Most importantly, the headset microphone is reliable since the batteries can last you about 10 hours. You can, therefore, concentrate on giving your best vocally without a worry in the world that your mic could go off any time.
- Uses a cardioid polar pattern
- Uses UHF frequencies with about 12 channels that work simultaneously
- The package includes a rack-mount kit
- The product has a warranty of 2 years
- The product weighs 4.9 pounds
- The microphone headset measures 13.7 x 13.6 x 3.4 inches
- Lightweight and compact size for ease of portability
- Gives quality sounds thanks to the polar patterns
- It is a wireless headset this gives the flexibility of a hands-free performance
- The headband gives a perfect fit
- Has a wide range of 250 feet
- The receivers screen offer multiple options for usage
- The headset requires a lot of equalizing before a clear sound is achieved
Are you a musician who performs on small to medium range audiences? Then, this is your bet microphone offering you a wide range and a quality sound at an affordable rate. The Shure BLX14/P31 headset microphone operates on a 512-542 frequency band.
This Shure headset uses a condenser microphone that helps to project and enhance the vocals. Besides, the cardioid polar pattern also eliminates all background noises ensuring that only the best quality sounds are projected.
The product offers users convenience because it has a one-touch button that helps locate the most stable signal at any time. The technology ensures that no dropouts are experienced by the speakers. Besides, the mic has a 300 feet range ensuring that a musician can move about that radius while remaining audible.
- Presence of 12 compatible systems for every band
- The package includes a mic windscreen
- Uses analog transmission technology
- The mic uses XLR and ¼ inch output connectors
- LED audio status indicator
- Includes AA batteries
- Cheap product
- Awesome sound quality
- Has a wide range of 300 feet giving musicians flexibility of movement
- The headset is comfortable for usage
- The batteries are durable with about 14 hours of performance
- Eliminates all background noises
- The receiver is made of plastic hence easily damages
The Pyle-Pro PMHMS20 is one of the most affordable headsets designed for singers working with limited funds. The device works either as a wired connection or a wireless one. When sold as a wired headset, the Pyle-Pro PMHMS20 works with a standard XLR connector while as a wireless headset the device works using a 4 pin XLR connector.
The headset microphone has an adjustable metal frame and gooseneck that gives it high flexibility. Therefore, you can adjust the mic to your preferred position. Most importantly, the metal frame has a neutral beige color that easily blends with any setting thus minimizing stage distractions.
The headset has a 130dB SPL rating of electret condenser that helps articulate the vocals of the musicians. You can, therefore, rest assured that while using this mic, your voice comes out clearly, and free from background noises.
- The headset has frequencies ranges from 20Hz to 20kHz
- The mic has an output impedance of 2000Ω
- The item weighs 2.4 ounces
- The product measure 6.5 x 3.2 x 6 inches
- The headset uses a 4-pin mini XLR connector
- The mic uses an electret condenser
- The headset is compatible with Shure bodypacks if you decide to use it as a wireless connector
- The product has good connectivity
- It is an affordable headset microphone
- The mic isn’t suitable for large stage settings due to the inability to eliminate background noises efficiently
Check Pyle-Pro PMHMS20 Price
The AKG C520 is a wireless headset with a compact size that enhances portability. Thus a musician can play an instrument or even dance as they sing effortlessly. The mic has an adjustable frame and gooseneck that gives users the flexibility of positioning during a performance.
The headset has a stellar transducer element that acts as a shock absorber thus reducing body noise. The C520 headset also has a unidirectional polar pattern that eliminates all unwanted noises from the surrounding. Hence, the sound produced by the gadget is crystal clear.
- The product weighs 10.9 ounces
- measures 7.8 x 5.5 x 2.7 inches
- Has a unidirectional polar pattern
- Left and right boom mounting
- The lightweight and compact size of the headset enhances portability
- The left and right boom mounting makes the mic flexible
- Gives quality sound thanks to the cardioid polar pattern
- Sell expensively
In summary, identifying the best headset microphone for musicians can be a daunting task because there are so many choices in the market. Each mic suits different users depending on what you want. The above guide explores different mics, their pros, cons, and unique features to help you decide on the one that meets your needs.